Facts about Speeding Tickets in Ontario
- Every speeding ticket has a fine attached to it written at the bottom of the ticket.
- Most speeding tickets have demerit points attached to them.
- The Ministry of Transportation allows you to accumulate demerit points from speeding
tickets, but upon reaching six, nine or fifteen demerit points, the Ministry can call you in for an interview, or immediately suspend your licence for 30 days to six months.
- For G1, G2 licence holders and probationary drivers, if you obtain any ticket with 4 more demerit points you will be immediately liable to a thirty (30) day drivers licence suspension from the Ministry of Transportation.
- Speeding tickets for speeding (Stunt Driving) more than 50km/h have 7 demerit points, a two year drivers licence suspension, and a two thousand dollar fine.
- Your insurance company assesses your insurance rates depending on what they perceive as their risk of having to pay a claim. With speeding tickets on your driving record, your insurance company can judge you accordingly, and increase your insurance rates, as they see fit.
- A speeding ticket for speeding over 50km/h per hour is considered a major violation that will dramatically affect your insurance rates by thousands of dollars per year.
- If caught speeding more than 50km/h the police will immediately seize the vehicle and suspend your drivers licence for seven days. (Stunt Driving)
Call or Visit
one of our Ontario Locations
Call OTT Legal to discuss your driving ticket with one of our former police officers and/or licenced paralegals. OTT Legal has one of the highest success rates for fighting speeding tickets in Ontario.
OTT Legal's court agents are licensed by the Law Society of Upper Canada, and we ensure that your ticket receives the individual attention and priority necessary to win your case. For each case we obtain the officers notes (disclosure). We then investigate all legal procedures to have your traffic ticket dismissed. When your case comes to court our experts work to have your charge dropped entirely.