Careless Driving Tickets
What you need to know about Careless Driving Tickets
Careless driving tickets can affect your right to drive and your insurance. Even the police will tell you that you have to fight these tickets.
- A conviction for careless driving ticket will increase your insurance dramatically.
- A conviction for careless driving can affect your employment.
- Careless driving tickets have 6 demerit points.
- Careless driving tickets have licence suspensions for G1, G2, M1 and M2 Drivers.
Careless Driving can include many incidents but for most tickets, Careless Driving means that if you had just driven more “carefully” the incident would not have happened, e.g. driving slower, or leaving more space from the car in front.
At OTT Legal we fight careless driving tickets to win your case.
I can hardly use words to express my thanks to OTT Legal winning my careless driving ticket.
Winning in this case means a lot to me. Your professional knowledge and skills, your understanding and kindness will be always remembered. Thanks OTT! Danny G. Toronto
When you call OTT Legal you’ll speak to former police officers from the Toronto Police Service, Ontario Provincial Police, and paralegals, all licensed by the Law Society of Upper Canada – people with actual court experience with accidents and careless driving tickets.
At OTT Legal we ensure that your traffic ticket receives the individual attention it deserves to win your case, saving your insurance rates and demerit points. We order the officers notes and fully investigate your case prior to trial. If there are any legal arguments to be filed, they are usually done at no extra charge to you.
Call OTT Legal now to discuss your ticket at 1.888.668.8946, or contact the office in your area >
Careless Driving Tickets without a Fine
At any time the police officer can give the driver a careless driving ticket without a fine on the ticket.
This form of traffic ticket is called a “Summons”. A summons for Careless Driving is usually issued when;
- A serious driving offence has occurred e.g. a fatal car accident.
- Where the officer feels that the driving offence is so bad that they want the driver to appear in court before the Judge.
- Where the police officer is asking that the court give a higher fine than the normal fine of 490 dollars.
- Where the police officer may be asking the court to consider a period in jail for the offence.
When the police officer issues a Careless Driving ticket by way of a summons to appear in court, the ticket will have a date that the driver is required to appear before the Judge to enter a plea of guilty or not guilty to Careless Driving.
The driver must appear on the court date or have someone appear on their behalf.
If the driver does not appear for the court date the justice can issue a bench summons commanding the police to find the defendant, arrest them and bring them before the court.
Careless Driving traffic tickets that are issued by way of a summons can have a fine of up to 10,000.00 dollars.
Summons for Careless Driving are serious charges and anyone receiving this form of traffic ticket should call OTT Legal for immediate free advice on how to be best represented at court. The call is free and without obligation.
More Information about Careless Driving Tickets
- Definition of Careless Driving >
- Careless Driving Scenarios – What happened to other people >
- How to Fight your Careless Driving Ticket >
- Careless Driving and Your Insurance >