New York State & the Province of Ontario have reciprocal agreements for speeding tickets Ontario drivers receive while driving in New York State.
This means that for a New York State speeding ticket;
- New York State will share the information with the Province of Ontario.
- The New York State ticket will go on your Ontario Driver abstract.
- The speeding ticket will be registered as an “Out of Province Conviction.
- The speeding ticket is seen by your insurance company.
- Any applicable demerit points will be transferred to your Ontario Licence.
- Any licence suspension will be transferred to the Province of Ontario.