Careless driving tickets don’t show the demerit points on the actual ticket. The demerit points for careless driving are assigned by the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) and are listed in the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.
Careless Driving Demerit Points
Careless Driving Tickets have six (6) Demerit Points
Six (6) demerit points for Careless Driving means;
- Thirty (30) day licence suspension for G1 and G2 licence holders
- Thirty (30) day licence suspension for M1 and M2 licence holders
- Dramatically increased insurance rates
- Possible loss or employment issues for professional drivers
- At nine (9) demerit points, mandatory interview to discuss licence suspension for all drivers
The police officer, the court, nor the Justice have any control over the demerit points on a careless driving ticket.
The Justice cannot drop or reduce the demerit points for a conviction for careless driving.
If found guilty of careless driving, the demerit points go onto the drivers record immediately after the conviction is registered at the court. Demerit points are kept on the driving record for two (2) years from the date of offence.
The demerit points are not placed on the driving record until after the ticket has been paid or a conviction has been registered by the court.
Call OTT Legal to Fight Your Careless Driving Ticket
When you call OTT Legal you will speak to;
- Former police officers from the Toronto Police Service, Ontario Provincial Police
- Paralegals all licensed by the Law Society of Upper Canada
- A team with court experience with accidents and careless driving tickets
- Experts who have helped hundreds of drivers with careless driving tickets
At OTT Legal we have one of the highest success rates in Ontario for fighting careless driving tickets.
Why Call OTT Legal to Fight Your Ticket?
We ensure that your case receives;
- Individual Attention
- Everything possible is done to win your ticket
- Save your insurance rates from going up
- Save your demerit points
- File all court documents and motions
- Obtain any police reports and investigation
- Attend and represent you at trial
More Information on Careless Driving
- Careless Driving – Definition – What is Careless Driving
- Careless Driving – What Happened to other People
- Careless Driving – Options 1, 2 or 3 for Trial
- Careless Driving – Fighting Careless Driving Tickets
- Careless Driving – How Careless Driving affects Insurance
- Careless Driving – Accidents
- Careless Driving – Fatalities
- Careless Driving – Alleged Driving Infractions
- Careless Driving – Summons to Appear in Court
Would you like more information about fighting your careless driving ticket? Send us an email.
Careless Driving Tickets Demerit Points