Trials for red light tickets can include issues like:
- Were the traffic signals working properly?
- Did the police officer really see you “enter the intersection on a red traffic signal?”
- Where exactly is a driver actually required to stop when the light turns red;
- in the intersection?
- before the intersection?
- before the crosswalk? or
- before the stop line?
- If a car is traveling at fifty km/h, and an amber light is four (4) seconds long, how far, or how many feet does the vehicle travel in one second?
- As well as many other legal technicalities we can find to win your case.
Many times people who witness traffic accidents will tell the officer that one of the vehicles went through a red light. But did they see the driver go through the light or did they see the accident then look at the light and see that it was red?
The court has to have evidence that the driver “entered the intersection” on a red light.