Most times a stunt driving ticket will be issued when a police officer finds a driver driving in excess of fifty (50) kilometres per hour.
As well as excessive speed, a police officer may give a stunt driving ticket where they find a driver operating a motor vehicle in any of the manners described below;
- Driving in a manner that indicates an intention to chase another motor vehicle.
- Driving at a rate of speed that is a marked departure from the lawful rate of speed.
- Driving in a manner that indicates the drivers of the motor vehicles are engaged in a competition.
- Driving without due care and attention, without reasonable consideration for other persons using the highway or in a manner that may endanger any person by,
- Outdistancing or attempting to outdistance one or more other motor vehicles while driving at a rate of speed that is a marked departure from the lawful rate of speed, or
- Repeatedly changing lanes in close proximity to other vehicles so as to advance through the ordinary flow of traffic while driving at a rate of speed that is a marked departure from the lawful rate of speed.