Most times a stunt driving ticket will be issued when a police officer finds a driver driving in excess of fifty (50) kilometres per hour.
As well as excessive speed, a police officer may give a stunt driving ticket where they find a driver operating a motor vehicle in any of the manners described below;
- driving that indicates an intention to chase another motor vehicle.
- driving at a speed that is a marked departure from the lawful rate of speed.
- driving that indicates the drivers of the motor vehicles are engaged in a competition.
- driving without due care and attention, without reasonable consideration for other persons using the highway or that may endanger any person by,
- outdistancing or attempting to outdistance one or more other motor vehicles while driving at a rate of speed that is a marked departure from the lawful rate of speed, or
- repeatedly changing lanes in close proximity to other vehicles to cut through the ordinary flow of traffic while driving at a rate of speed that is a marked departure from the lawful rate of speed.