Stunt driving is an offence listed in section 172,1 of the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario.
- No person shall drive a motor vehicle on a roadway in a race or contest,
- while performing a stunt or
- on a bet or wager
- Every person who contravenes subsection (1) is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to
- a fine of not less than $2,000 and not more than $10,000 or
- to imprisonment for a term of not more than six months, or to both, and
- a mandatory 1 year licence suspension
Although section 172 of the HTA makes Stunt Driving an offence, the description of what is Stunt Driving is within Ontario Regulation 455/07.