Stunt driving is an offence listed in section 172,1 of the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario.
- No person shall drive a motor vehicle on a roadway in a race or contest,
- while performing a stunt or
- on a bet or wager
- Every person who contravenes subsection (1) is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to
- a fine of not less than $2,000 and not more than $10,000 or
- to imprisonment for a term of not more than six months, or to both, and
- in addition his or her driver’s licence may be suspended
- on a first conviction under this section, for not more than two years; or
- on a subsequent conviction under this section, for not more than 10 years.