Public Notary document services with no appointment necessary. The Notary is available during normal office hours and by appointment.
Notary Public Offices
Notary Public Services – Walk-in Services
Public Notaries Locations
- Toronto Public Notaries
- Durham Region Public Notaries
- Halton Region Public Notaries
- Peel Region Public Notaries
Duties of a Notary Public
A Notary and Public Notaries are public officials who notarize legal documents for the public.
Notaries can also administer and take oaths and affirmations. A Public Notary in addition to having the same powers of a Commissioner of Oaths, can certify that copies of documents are true. Notaries are regulated under the Notaries Act.
Although notaries public are public officials, they are not paid by the government. In Ontario a Notary Public is usually a lawyer or paralegal authorized to perform the duties of a Notary through the Notaries Act and the Law Society of Ontario.
Documents Notarized, including:
Notaries can notarize all legal documents requiring a notary signature and seal including:
- witnessing of agreements
- certification of signatures
- Consent to Travel Documents
- certification of original documents
- Gifting vehicle to family member
- Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor
- Certification of photographs and document supporting identity
- Link to Government of Canada – Passport and Photo Guarantor
Instructions for Notarizing Documents
Please note, our office cannot answer questions concerning which documents need to be authenticated and/or notarized. You must find out this information before coming to our office.
- for certified copies of documents,
- bring the original documents and the photocopies to be certified,
- the Notary must view the original
- bring at least one government issued photo identification.
- Identification must display your signature.
Do not sign or date documents prior to arriving at our office. It is the Notary’s job to properly identify you and witness you signing any documents.
Please complete all your documents prior to arriving at our office, EXCEPT for signatures and dates.