Save Your Insurance and Demerit Points
We fight your speeding ticket to save your insurance and demerit points.
How to Win Your Speeding Ticket
Speeding ticket trials are won on legal technicalities like;
- testing procedures,
- filing dates,
- issues around disclosure, and
- cross-examining police officers.
As experienced trial advocates, OTT has appeared in traffic court thousands of times and we know the legal technicalities for fighting speeding tickets.
At trial, the police officer is assisted by a court appointed prosecutor who, many times, can be a lawyer or person with years of experience.
★★★★★ I recently had two speeding tickets fought by OTT Legal, both where dismissed. My insurance would have gone through the roof, not to mention the demerit points. Once again excellent work, and I’ll keep referring your company. Ted B. Toronto, ON.”
At OTT Legal, we give your case individual attention. Each case is assigned a trial paralegal with experience fighting speeding tickets.
We prepare your case by ordering the officers notes, any radar manuals, and file any applicable legal arguments at no extra charge.
Up to Five (5) Different Penalties for Speeding Tickets!
Neither the court or the Police are obligated to tell you all the penalties for your speeding ticket.
- Speeding tickets can affect your insurance.
- Each speeding ticket has a fine: the faster the speed the higher the fine.
- All speeding tickets for more than 15km/h over the speed limit have demerit points.
- Speeding tickets for more than 50km/h over the speed limit have a 30 day licence suspension.
- For G1 and G2 drivers or drivers with a graduated driver’s licences, all speeding tickets with four (4) demerit points have a thirty (30) day licence suspension.
Convictions for speeding tickets stay on the driving record for three (3) years.
Should I Just Pay My Ticket?
How does a speeding ticket affect your insurance rates and demerit points?
- Even minor speeding tickets have more penalties than just the fine.
- Speeding tickets can affect your insurance, demerit points and your ability to drive for years to come.
- Speeding tickets for novice drivers and speeds over 50km/h have licence suspensions
- When you receive a speeding ticket contact OTT Legal for expert legal advice.
We’ll tell you about your speeding ticket, what the penalties are and how we can fight it for you.
Speeding ticket tip: By requesting a court date (not a early resolution or meeting with the prosecutor) you postpone the speeding ticket from appearing on your insurance. If the trial date is past the yearly renewal date, the ticket is kept off the insurance for a year.
Insurance Implications for Speeding Tickets
The actual cost of a speeding ticket in Ontario can be much more than the fine on the ticket.
Insurance companies look at the risk for any insurance policy holder. Insurance companies believe that if a driver has speeding tickets on their record, their chance of being involved in an accident or making a claim is higher than those who don’t.
If you receive one or more speeding tickets, your insurance may be increased. Insurance companies are constantly looking at speeding tickets and any traffic ticket as an opportunity to increase the insurance premiums for the driver.
Although there may have been nothing dangerous about the speeding allegation, insurance companies look at all the factors involved for any driver to determine what rate they will charge.
Drivers must fight every speeding ticket to ensure that they do everything to keep their driving record clear.
More information about speeding tickets >
Email us about your Speeding Ticket
Would you like more information about fighting your speeding ticket? Send us a email.