The courts have the ability to suspend a drivers licence where a fine has gone into default.
Where a suspension has been ordered:
- the traffic court notifies the Ministry of Tranport
- the Ministry of Transport suspends drivers licence
- notification is sent to the driver via mail
- notice is sent to the current or “last known registered address” of the driver
- the driver is “deemed” to have received the notice of suspension after fifteen (15) days have past
The court or MTO will not reinstate the licence unless the fine has been paid in full or the driver has entered into a payment plan with the court.