At OTT Legal we fight drive under suspension charges to ensure you do not receive the mandatory six month licence suspension and have your charge(s) dropped.
When you call OTT Legal, you will speak to former police officers from the Toronto Police Service, Ontario Provincial Police, and paralegals, all licensed by the Law Society of Upper Canada. People with years of experience helping drivers with licence issues.
In defending you we will:
- appear at all court hearings on your behalf
- attend all meetings and discussions with the prosecutor
- prepare the case for trial and order the police report and disclosure
- represent you at trial
With charges of driving while suspended for unpaid fines, the first question the court and prosecution will have is “has the fine been paid and the licence reinstated”.
It is important that drivers pay the fine and reinstate the licence as soon as possible after being charged by the police.
The prosecution office will look at:
- what actions did the defendant take to ensure that the licence didn’t go under suspension, and
- once learning of the suspension, what did the defendant do about it.
Usually the court understands that momentary lapses can happen. What they want to see is that once the driver became aware of the suspension, what did they do to correct the situation.
Contact the office in your area >
★★★★★ I had a fine that I completely forgot about and was charged with driving while suspended. I hired OTT to help me and they got it dropped to a 300 dollar fine, no suspension, no points, and I didn’t even have to appear in court. Very thankful, great service, if you get one of these tickets, call OTT! Sasha Sparx, Toronto