We work hard to win your case and have one of the highest success rates for fighting careless driving tickets in Ontario. While many may offer to reduce your careless driving ticket, we work to have the charge completely dismissed.
Fighting Your Careless Driving Ticket
Fighting Careless Driving Tickets is our Specialty!
Fighting a Careless Driving Ticket at Court
When fighting a careless driving ticket, the court is looking at the legal definition of careless driving and the law under the Provincial Offences Act of Ontario.
When fighting your careless driving ticket;
- Why it happened (an explanation) will not get the charge dropped.
- The legal technicalities of Careless Driving are important to know.
- The police officer will have a government appointed lawyer or prosecutor to assisting them.
- Having an expert from OTT Legal gives you the best chance of winning!
At OTT Legal we are experts in fighting Careless Driving and we can help you.
Former Police Officers from;
We are experts with years of experience in and out of the court room dealing with accidents and careless driving investigations. On our staff we have;
- Officers from the Toronto Police Service;
- Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) and Ministry of Transportation
- Paralegals licensed by the Law Society of Upper Canada
We know the legal technicalities and how to fight careless driving charges.
Legal Representation for Careless Driving
When you speak to us about fighting your careless driving we will;
- Listen and learn what happened.
- Review the case and explain the implications and penalties for careless driving.
- Provide you with a professional opinion of what will happen at trial.
- Prepare the case for court by ordering the officers notes.
- Where an accident has occurred, we obtain the complete accident report.
- File any legal motions and arguments.
- Represent you at trial.
- Provide a written report at the conclusion of your case.
It was definitely worth getting your assistance in this matter. Also, would like to thank all the people I dealt with at OTT Legal, they were pleasant, professional and made me feel at ease during this situation.
I would recommend anyone in similar situation to contact your company.
Kelly H, Burlington
Fighting Careless Driving – Appearing in Court
When fighting a careless driving charge, the Police and Prosecutor have to prove the charge “beyond a reasonable doubt” to the Justice.
At trial, the Justice has to be one hundred percent sure you committed the offence of careless driving before you are found guilty.
The police are required to prove all the essential elements of careless driving described in section 130 of the Ontario Highway Traffic Act. If the prosecution is not able to prove the charge, the Justice should dismiss the charge.
In your defence, just explaining why the incident or accident happened is not a reason for the Justice to dismiss your careless driving ticket.
A defence to careless driving would be a legal argument as to why the charge is not applicable for the situation or a legal argument as to why the careless driving charge should be dismissed.
Use caution before considering to represent yourself for a careless driving charge, and call OTT Legal to discuss your ticket with an expert.
When you represent yourself in traffic court, you will find that the government has “stacked the cards” against you with a system you may not be familiar with, government appointed lawyers and prosecutors to prosecute you.
You’re Not Guilty of Careless Driving
When the police officer issues a careless driving ticket, it’s the officers opinion or belief that the driver was driving without due care and attention or driving carelessly.
To be found guilty of careless driving, it’s the Justice of the Peace that decides, not the police officer.
It’s your right to take your traffic ticket to court and challenge the opinion of the police officer. OTT Legal has had thousands of careless driving tickets dropped and completely dismissed in court, and we can help you.
Call to Fight Your Careless Driving Ticket
If you fight the ticket yourself, you might get the ticket reduced but you may miss winning the ticket completely or winning the ticket on a legal technicality.
If you fight the ticket yourself and lose or if something goes wrong, a conviction for careless driving will increase your insurance dramatically.
At OTT Legal we fight careless driving tickets to win your case.
When You Call OTT Legal You Will Speak To;
- Former police officers from the Toronto Police Service, Ontario Provincial Police.
- Paralegals all licensed by the Law Society of Upper Canada
- A team with actual court experience with accidents and careless driving tickets
- Experts who have helped hundreds of drivers with careless driving tickets
OTT Legal is one of the few companies fighting careless driving tickets that;
- Shows you who we are, our employees
- Tells you our police and paralegal background.
- Gives you actual client reviews of careless driving tickets we have won
When we fight your careless driving ticket we ensure that;
- You receive professional and trusted service
- Your case receives in individual attention
- We provide trusted and competent legal advice
- Everything possible is done to win your ticket
- Save your insurance rates and demerit points from going up
In preparing your case for trial we;
- File all court documents and motions
- Obtain any police reports and investigation
- Appear for any meetings and discussions with the prosecutor on your behalf
- Appear on your behalf on all pretrial and trial court dates.
- Provide you with a written report of your results after the court case has finished.
Would you like more information about your Careless Driving ticket? Send us an email.
More information on Careless Driving
- Careless Driving – What Happened to other People >
- Careless Driving – Options 1, 2 or 3 for Trial >
- Careless Driving – How Careless Driving affects Insurance >
- Careless Driving – Accidents >
- Careless Driving – Fatalities >
- Careless Driving – Alleged Driving Infractions >
- Careless Driving – Summons to Appear in Court >