An appeal for a traffic ticket may be filed when the defendant has been convicted and they believe the Justice has;
- Made an Error in Law, or
- Made an Error in Judgement.
Appeals may be filed under other circumstances such as;
- The defendant was denied a reopening request.
- The defendant failed to appear or apply for a hearing and has a reasonable explanation.
- The Justice improperly admitted or omitted an issue at trial.
- The Justice failed to give reasons for a decision.
- The Justice failed to consider an important piece of evidence.
- Verdict was unreasonable and without grounds to support the decision.
- The Justice allowed improper conduct by the prosecution during the trial.
- Justice was biased.